The Maydays Beginners Longform Improvisation Course
An 8-week introduction into longform improvisation. The Maydays teach you techniques to create whole improvised from a simple one-word suggestion, a monologue, or a newspaper article.
What can I expect?
- Group warm-up activities and ensemble building exercises
- An introduction to the principles of longform improv (e.g scene work, edits, monologues)
- The practice of exercises in pairs and in groups
- An opportunity to create longer improvised pieces (e.g Montages, Armando)
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 - 100
- All levels and abilities
- Those interested in a more fluid and theatrical style of improvisation (less comedy and game based)
- Actors and writers who wish to have a better understanding of how they can use improvisation in their craft.
10% Early Bird Discount ends 7th March
"I didn't expect to find a space of such unbounded support, joy, creativity, humour and, along with all of it, a veritable cornucopia of transferable skills to cover all aspects of life, personal and professional"
What: 8-week Beginners Longform Improv Course
When: Tuesday nights 7 pm-9.30 pm from 7th April to 26th May 2020
Where: The Maydays Studio, 12A Regency Square, Brighton
Cost: £157.50 before 7th March, £175.00 thereafter
The Maydays Studio (View)
12A Regency Square
Brighton BN1 2FG
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|